Microsoft has released a new preview version for the Edge web browser, the update is available for the dev channel and this time brings a number of new functions with it – the availability of the vertical tabs has also been expanded.
In the new year, Microsoft is in a particular hurry with the new pre-release versions for Windows 10 and Edge. The Edge team has now released a new preview with a number of interesting innovations. These are mainly practical extras, such as a new autofill function and the option to save birthdays.
Fixed crash issues
In addition, the Edge team was able to fix some crash problems of the previous builds, so that the new version should now run much more stable. However, there is currently hardly any knowledge about this. The new version has the build number 89.0.767.0 and is available for insiders in the dev channel. Microsoft has published details about the changes in the tech community.
- The ability to save birthdays and fill them in automatically has been added
- The possibility has been added to allow autofill data such as B. Reads addresses that have been copied to the clipboard and suggests them as potential autofill candidates when filling in the relevant fields on a web page
- Share has been added to the “…” menu in web pages installed as apps
- The rollout of Vertical Tabs has been completed
- A management policy has been added to control whether or not recommendations should be displayed
- A management policy has been added to control the retrieval of cloud policies
Microsoft Edge new sync extras
Microsoft recently made it possible for all users of the Chromium-based Edge browser to synchronize open tabs. The market share of the new browser is still sluggish. Only since the start of the Windows 10 October 2020 update (version 20H2) a few weeks ago has the new Edge browser been delivered by default instead of the old Edge with Windows 10. The number of users is now increasing noticeably. At the end of last year, there was around ten percent market share for MS Edge.
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital Marketing, Social Media, Business News, and Technology News, with vast experience in the media industry, I have a keen interest in business technology, News breaking.