Apple has released a new preliminary version for iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7. The beta test is nearing its end – according to current information, it is a release candidate. The update could be released shortly.
The update is available for developers and should now appear in the public test program soon. Little is known about the individual changes: In addition, to support for the new MagSafe Battery Pack and a handful of bug fixes, there are few changes in this build, the list of changes is quite short. We have listed the release notes at the end of the article.
How to take part in beta program
The new update is now available as an update. Registered users simply get the new version as an over-the-air update. Those who have not yet registered for the beta program can do so and join the beta phase. Participation is free and requires a one-time registration for the program at https://beta.apple.com/sp/en/betaprogram from the correspondingly supported device. The Apple ID is required for this.
Once you have registered, you will automatically receive new beta versions as with any other update. However, one should keep in mind that, as with any beta version, unforeseen problems could arise. Apple, therefore, warns with each new round in the beta test that it is better not to use your productive iPhone, but rather a second device for the tests. Since iOS 14 is supported from the iPhone 6s onwards, one or the other might have something suitable in the drawer.
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share a common account with an existing Apple Card user
- The Home app adds the ability to manage timers on the HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- In the Podcasts library, you can choose to see all programs or just the programs you are tracking
- “Share Playlist” menu option is missing from Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may stop unexpectedly
- Battery service message, which may have disappeared after a restart on some iPhone 11 models, will be restored
- Braille displays could display invalid information while composing mail messages
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.