Recently we heard that Xiaomi became the leading smartphone shipper in Europe. The company has been doing well for the past few months and is now really competing with those top in the line – Samsung and Apple. The company made it to this point by delivering the best of the best, including rolling out new updates to its devices and those coming under its subsidiary’s name.
The most generous offer the company is offering is rolling out Android 11 updates along with MIUI 12.5 updates to the Redmi 8 series, including the Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A.
These devices originally came out with Android 9 Pie. Then they upgraded to Android 10. And now they are receiving the Android 11 update. This update includes all the goodies from Android 11 and MIUI 12.5, including July 2021 security patch.
The firmware version for Redmi 8 is V22.214.171.124.QCNINXM, while for the Redmi 8A it is V126.96.36.199.QCPINXM. A complete list of update that comes with this Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 includes:
- Response to gestures is now instant.
- 20x more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- Custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increases system security.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for doodling and sketching.
- Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news blogger for the past few months, it still feels good to be part of the team. Besides this, I am working with a Canadian-based real estate business and running my own financial blog.