Toyota motors North America (TMNA) has reported today June 2017 sales of 202,376 vehicles. As compared to last June, 2016 the company has witnessed a jump of 2.1 percent in volume as well as daily selling rate.
However, the company was down on sales during the first half of the year, in 2016 Toyota sold more cars on daily basis and generated more revenues as compared to 2017 first half. Toyota sold 1,155,165 units down by 3.6 percent in the previous year.
“The automotive industry got little slower as compared to last year’s ground breaking pace”, said Jack Hollis Group VP and GM Toyota Motors. Toyota held its position as number 1 retail brand in the first half, because we outperformed the entire industry, thanks to our dealers for gaining this momentum, We aimed at carrying the same momentum for the second half with strong market position of our light trucks, SUV’s, new Camry and C-HR”.
Toyota’s Lexus was the weak performer in the month of June, sales of 24,395 units were down by 5.4% in both volume and daily sales rate.
“There is no surprise in that our luxury vehicles are driving Lexus sales, and our NX is outperformer”, said Jeff Bracken, VP and GM of Lexus group.
June 2017 Toyota Sales Figures
- Camry June sales of 29,463 vehicles
- Corolla sedan sold 29,432 units in June
- RAV4 increased by 24.7%; best-ever June and best-ever first half
- Highlander sold 17,237 units for best-ever June; best-ever first half
- 4Runner sold 10,423 vehicles in June; up by 16.6% in the first half
- Tacoma and Tundra sales rose by 4 and 4.3% respectively,
- NX up 13% best-ever June, up 11.7% year-to-date
- LX up 5% in the first half
- RX up 4.5% in June