If you’re looking for a city that offers an eclectic mix of culture, history, and nightlife, Lisbon is the place for you! This vibrant city has something for everyone. Here are fun things to do in Lisbon that will help you make the most of your visit.
Visiting Portugal: What to Do in Lisbon
Lisbon is a city with a rich history and culture. There are many things to see and do, whether you’re interested in art, architecture, or simply want to explore the city. Some of the must-see sights in Lisbon include the following.
History and Architecture Tourism
Lisbon is a city with a long and rich history. The architecture reflects this, and there are many beautiful buildings to see. Here are a few of the most popular sights to see when you visit Lisbon are:
- Jeronimos Monastery: This monastery is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Lisbon. It was built in the 16th century and is a beautiful example of Portuguese architecture.
- Lisbon Cathedral: The Lisbon Cathedral is the oldest church in the city and dates back to the 12th century. It’s a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Lisbon.
- Sao Jorge Castle: This castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Lisbon. It’s a Moorish castle that was built in the 11th century and offers stunning views of the city.
Art and Culture Tourism
There are also many museums and art galleries worth visiting, such as:
- Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga: This museum is Lisbon’s main art museum and houses a collection of Portuguese and European art from the 12th to the 19th centuries.
- Museu Calouste Gulbenkian: This museum is one of the largest art museums in Lisbon and has a collection of Armenian, Islamic, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman art.
- National Archaeological Museum: This museum is one of the largest and most important museums in Lisbon. It has a collection of artifacts from the prehistoric, Roman, and Moorish periods.
Where to Stay in Lisbon
There are many different areas to stay in Lisbon depending on your budget and what you’re looking for. Some of the most popular areas include:
This is the city center and where you’ll find many of the tourist attractions. It’s a great place to stay if you want to be close to the action. We recommend staying in the Chiado or Rossio districts.
This is Lisbon’s historic district and one of the most popular areas for nightlife. It’s a great place to stay if you want to be close to the bars and clubs. We recommend staying in the Principe Real or Lapa districts.
This is Lisbon’s oldest district and one of the most picturesque. It’s a great place to stay if you want to be close to the historic sights. We recommend staying in the Santa Maria Maior or Sao Miguel districts.
Shopping in Lisbon
Lisbon is a great city for shopping. Whether you’re looking for designer brands or local handicrafts, you’ll find it all in Lisbon. Some of the best places to go shopping are:
- Rua Augusta: This street is one of the main shopping streets in Lisbon and is home to many stores and boutiques.
- Avenida da Liberdade: This avenue is one of the most popular shopping areas in Lisbon. It’s home to many high-end stores and designer brands.
- Chiado: This area is also popular for its shops and boutiques. You’ll find many local businesses here selling handmade goods and souvenirs.
Nightlife in Lisbon
Lisbon has a vibrant nightlife scene with something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a relaxed evening out or want to party all night long, you’ll find it in Lisbon. Some of the best places to go out at night are:
- Bairro Alto: This is the most popular area for nightlife in Lisbon. It’s full of bars, clubs, and restaurants where you can enjoy a drink or dance the night away.
- Chiado: Chiado is a more sophisticated area of Lisbon with many bars and nightclubs. It’s a great place to go for a drink or to listen to live music.
- Cais do Sodre: This is the area of Lisbon where you’ll find the best nightlife. There are many bars, clubs, and restaurants to choose from.
How to Get Around Lisbon
Lisbon is a large city, but it’s easy to get around. The best way to get around Lisbon is by public transport. Lisbon has an extensive network of buses, trams, and trains that can take you anywhere in the city.
If you’re staying in the city center, you can easily walk to most of the tourist attractions. If you’re staying outside of the center, we recommend taking public transport. Lisbon also has several taxis and Uber is available in most areas of the city.
Lisbon Luggage Storage
If you’re looking for a place to store your luggage while you’re in Lisbon, we recommend using one of the many Lisbon luggage storage services available. These services allow you to store your luggage in a safe and secure location so you can enjoy your time in Lisbon without having to worry about your belongings.
Final Thoughts: Lisbon Tourism
Lisbon is a popular tourist destination for many reasons. The city has something for everyone, from its rich history and culture to its vibrant nightlife. If you’re planning a trip to Lisbon, be sure to use this guide to help you make the most of your visit. And don’t forget to use a luggage storage service to make your trip even easier.
Alexia is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More.