A holiday rental site HomeToGo declared London the most Instagrammed city in Europe, surpassing almost 120m hashtags in 2018 alone.
The second country with around 101m hashtags was Paris. But the French capital has the most Instagrammed landmark in Europe that is the Eiffel Tower that had almost 2.8 million hashtags in 2018
Although it’s only the seventh most Instagrammed city, HomeToGo report that Amsterdam is the most searched-for city in Europe, suggesting it’s a destination many of us want to get to know better.
Known holiday travelling spots like Barcelona, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon made it to the top 15, too. Barcelona’s most famous landmark, Gaudí’s still-unfinished Sagrada Familia cathedral, was hashtagged 1.6m times last year.
Slightly less well-known destinations on the list include Odessa, Ukraine’s third largest city, which is known for its beaches and 19th century architecture. It’s around five-and-a-half hours by plane from the UK, though those flights aren’t direct.
Bibione, the attractive seaside resort just outside of Venice, appears on the list, though Venice itself doesn’t.
Following cities got the highest hastags:
1. London with 119.9m hashtags
2. Paris with 100.8m hashtags
3. Barcelona with 47.4m hashtags
4. Rome with 44.8m hashtags
5. Berlin with 36.1m hashtags
6. Madrid with 31.2m hashtags
7. Amsterdam with 26.7m hashtags
8. Lisbon with 17.7m hashtags
9. Hamburg with 15.3m hashtags
10. Valencia with 14.1m hashtags
11. Odessa with 6.3m hashtags
12. Malaga with 4.5m hashtags
13. Benidorm with 1.1m hashtags
14. Nice with 0.4m hashtags
15. Bibione with 0.2m hashtags
Media coordinator and junior editor at Research Snipers RS-NEWS, I studied mass communication and interested technology business, I have 3 years experience in the media industry.