Saeed Ghani—the education minister for Sindh has announced that all the students of the Grades 9-12 will be promoted to the next grade without holding the board exams.
In a statement, the provincial education minister said that the Sindh board examinations for the matriculation and intermediate students will not be held this years due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
“A legislative change or an amendment is required to promote Grade 9-12 students, which would be made in the coming days,” the minister added.
Earlier this week, the education minister announced to promote all the students studying in the classes 1 to 8 on the basis of their previous results.
During a press conference in Karachi, Saeed Ghani said that the schools across the province will not be opened from June 1 and the decision regarding the lockdown extension will be announced in the coming days.
On the other hand, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood, last week, announced the cancellation of all board exams across the country as part of measures to contain the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-I9).