All the schools and wedding halls in Sindh would be reopening from the 15th of September, as per a notification issued by the Home Department of the province.
The government has taken the decision of lifting the coronavirus lockdown in the province. The provincial government has approved the following decisions:
- the wedding halls, business centers, expo halls, and educational institutions would be reopening from the 15th of September
- Hotels, restaurants, gyms, cafes (which includes both the dine-in, delivery and takeaway) have been granted the permit to operate until 9 p.m. throughout the week, excluding Sundays
- Public transport has also been allowed to operate under the strict implementation of SOPs
- Non-contact sports activities have also been granted permission to resume, however, spectators would not be permitted in the grounds and stadiums
- Cinemas, religious gatherings, tourist spots, beauty parlors, theatres, and shrines have also been permitted to resume activities
The restaurants and businesses’ timings would be extended to 11 pm on Saturdays. Wearing masks and social distancing is also mandated for people as per the notice.
Pakistan imposed a lockdown on the 23rd of March and all the shopping malls, hotels and shops were closed to control the spread of coronavirus. Schools across the nation were closed on the 13th of March.