What if someone tells you to make PKR 7,000 a day from your own standby car? And all you need to do is download a mobile app from one of the leading ride-sharing services company; Uber.
Uber launched its operations first in the USA in 2011. The company now operates in more than 500 cities globally. Last year, it reached Pakistan’s two large cities i.e. Lahore and Karachi. And now it’s covering Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
On April 27, Uber launched its operations in the twin city. The launch day encountered more than 800 cars online, ready to serve riders. The launching week presented the twin cities with free rides. And in the very next week, the ride-sharing company rolled out another present by cutting off 50% of the fares for riders.
Uber has a very strong policy of making its riders and drivers happy by offering the best they need. However, things get nasty if not taken seriously. To help the drivers understand Uber and make some extra cash using their own vehicle, we’ve created this short blog. We hope it resolve issues and concerns when driving with Uber or looking forward to it.
How to make money with this ride-sharing company in Islamabad/Rawalpindi?
Register with Uber
This part of the blog is in listicle form to make it easy to understand:
- Sign up online on Uber to become a driver
- Submit your docs: CNIC, license, and car’s registration papers
- Add your profile photo
- Once done, you’ll be required to visit Uber’s office in Islamabad/Rawalpindi (temporary location: Envoy Continental Hotel. Permanent office location: Tariq Market, F-10/2)
- When visiting the office, drivers would need to present their original CNIC, license, and car’s registration papers.
- After validating their driver’s account, an Uber Greenlight Expert would validate the account and drivers could then log in to start making money.
- A training session is mandatory for drivers and/or fleet partners (or vendors) and is to be attended before activating their driver’s account.
- For drivers new to the procedure, the Greenlight Experts are the best guide they could get.
Start making money
Once the driver’s account is created, users could go online through their Uber Driver’s mobile app to start taking trips or making easy money.
There are multiple ways to make money with Uber:
- Take trips to earn money. Once you have activated your Uber Driver account, you could start taking trips to earn from the fares. The more you get new rides, the more you would make money.
- Refer a friend to drive with Uber to earn money. At the signup stage, you’d be provided with a referral code. Share this code with your friend or family to use it when they’re signing up with Uber. Once done, your account will be credited with PKR 3,000/- after your friend or family member completes his/her first 30 trips. Make as much as you can by inviting more people.
- Initially, whenever Uber launches its operations it offers its fleet partners with some addition benefits. In Islamabad/Rawalpindi, the ride-sharing company is offering a guaranteed amount of PKR 350/hr for a fleet of 1 to 49 cars. For a fleet having cars in between 50 to 99, PKR 400/hr is offered. And for a fleet having cars more than 100 in number, PKR 500/hr is offered to vendors (or Uber Partners).
- Weekly bonus of PKR 1,600, 3,600, and 6,400 on completing 40, 60, or 80 rides respectively in a week.
With these 4 ways to earn with Uber, a person having a feasible car fulfilling Uber Pakistan’s criteria could easily make PKR 49,000 a month on an average. Or if you work smartly you’d double this income in time. What else do you want?