Microsoft has released a new preview version for Windows 11 in the Insider Program. There are some innovations in this test build, such as new themes for the touch keyboard and an update for the Your Phone app with a new design.
For Windows insiders who test Windows 11 in the dev channel, there is now a new preview to try out with the build number 22504. The update brings a long list of changes, mainly bug fixes and improvements. But there are also a few new things that are now being tested: One of them is that Microsoft has expanded 13 themes for the touch keyboard to include other input experiences, including IMEs, the emoji panel, and voice input. The new build also starts personalized emoji combinations based on the face and skin color of family members.
New Look of Your Phone App
Another innovation concerns the Your Phone app. The app is getting a new design for Windows 11, which is now being distributed within the Insider program. In addition to these innovations, the Insider Team has also announced that there will be no new preview in the coming week. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, many team members have days off.
Various known bugs
As usual, Microsoft will provide information about the other changes in Build 22504 in a detailed blog post. There are also references to the known problems in this preview version and its predecessors. We have translated the list of bugs for you and added it to the end of the post. Since it is also about update problems, this should be more interesting than the fixed bugs.
- General: Users upgrading from builds 22000.xxx or earlier to newer Dev Channel builds with the latest Dev Channel ISO may receive the following warning message: The build you are trying to install is Flight Signed. To continue the installation, enable Flight Signing. If you get this message, press the Activate button, restart your PC and try the update again.
- We’re investigating an issue where some PCs are unable to install new builds or other updates. The PC may report an error code 0x80070002. If you encounter this problem, please restart your PC and try again.
- Some devices may experience the error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c when installing this build. If this error occurs after the device has been rolled back to the previous build, we recommend pausing updates until we release a fix.
- Start: In some cases you may not be able to enter text when using the search via Start or the taskbar. If the problem occurs, press WIN + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box, and then close it.
- Taskbar: The taskbar sometimes flickers when switching input methods.
- Window: If you move the mouse back and forth between different desktops in Task View, the displayed thumbnails and the content area are unexpectedly reduced.
- Search: After clicking the search icon on the system tray, the search box may not open. In this case, restart the “Windows Explorer” process and open the search box again.
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.