Redmi is now prepping up to release the new Redmi K40 Ultra. The device would be beefed up by a 5000mAh battery and will be powered by a MediaTek MT689x chip.
According to a source, this new K40 device would be a mid-range smartphone. The source further said that the Redmi K40 Ultra would have a 120Hz refresh rate, a 6.67-inch AMOLED, and a triple-camera setup with a 64MP primary camera on the back. However, one source suggests that this device could even have a quad-camera setup.
On the battery side, we expect a 67W support and a 5000mAh battery (like said above).
Much of the information shared by tipsters are speculation. The company has yet to announce the phone. However, if you want to know about the Redmi K40 (the predecessor), here we have a list of specs for you:
- Announced on: 2021, February 25
- Released on: 2021, March 04
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Display size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating system: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory configuration: 128GB + 6GB RAM, 128GB + 8GB RAM, 256GB + 8GB RAM, 256GB + 12GB RAM | UFS 3.1
- Rear camera (triple): 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF | 8MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) | 5MP, f/2.4, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm | LED flash, HDR, panorama | Video [email protected], [email protected]/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Front camera (single): 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm | HDR | Video [email protected], [email protected]
- COMMS: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot | Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE | GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC | NFC | Infrared port | USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery: Type Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable | Fast charging 33W
- Colors: Black, White, Aurora
- Model: M2012K11AC
- Price: $405.99
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news blogger for the past few months, it still feels good to be part of the team. Besides this, I am working with a Canadian-based real estate business and running my own financial blog.