According to Qualcomm’s official news, yesterday Qualcomm Technologies launched its next-generation digital cockpit solution at its online event with the theme of “Redefining the Car”: the 4th generation Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Digital Cockpit platform.
Qualcomm said that the 4th generation Snapdragon car digital cockpit platform has enhanced functions such as graphics, multimedia, computer vision, and AI. Preferences continue to evolve. The new platform uses the 6th generation Qualcomm Kryo CPU, Qualcomm Hexagon processor, multi-core Qualcomm AI engine, 6th generation Qualcomm Adreno GPU and Qualcomm Spectra ISP, providing a true platform-level chip.
As Research Snipers believe that the new digital cockpit platform is scheduled to start mass production (SOP) in 2022. The extensive automotive ecosystem can use the fourth-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Development Platform (ADP) to evaluate, demonstrate, and develop solutions. The automotive development kit is expected to be ready in the second quarter of 2021.
Features of Qualcomm’s 4th generation Snapdragon car digital cockpit platform:
- High-performance computing: The 6th-generation Kryo CPU is designed to provide the capabilities and performance required for next-generation automotive digital cockpit computing, supports multiple virtual machines, and provides the isolation required for domain integration.
- Rich graphics and multimedia support to create an immersive in-car experience: With the continuous growth of on-demand media consumption and OTA application content, the next generation of cars will adopt multiple high-resolution displays for media, navigation and high-definition dashboards At the same time, a number of lower-resolution displays are still needed, such as column-type or mirror-type displays with corresponding safety requirements. The 4th generation digital cockpit platform optimizes the latest generation of Adreno GPU, supports high-performance and low-power graphics image, video and display processing units, can render multiple high-resolution displays, provides excellent visual 3D graphics images and enables drivers and passengers Ability to experience top entertainment content on different displays-passengers can share the same entertainment experience on different displays, or they can enjoy their own high-resolution displays and media content exclusively. The new platform uses enhanced pixel processing functions, supports multiple high-definition camera access, and after stitching and processing, it can support the visualization of the environment in or around the car. In addition, the new platform can support up to 16 camera access through the serial interface and can support more cameras through the Ethernet interface. The improvement in performance and safety of the visual and multimedia processing unit is designed to provide a full-scale media experience for the future cockpit while ensuring the safety and comfort of the drivers and passengers.
- Highly intuitive AI experience: Utilize advanced AI engine to support personalized settings for drivers and passengers, in-car virtual assistants, natural voice control, language understanding, driver monitoring, driver and passenger recognition, and adaptive man-machine interface. The AI engine support system continuously learns and adapts to the preferences of drivers and passengers, not only covering media or information, audio and video content, but also car control functions, such as a seat and rearview mirror positions, HVAC (air conditioning control), and temperature personalized settings for different seats, Audio content and volume preference, provide drivers with an interactive interface that suits their preferences and vehicle atmosphere.
- Situational awareness and safety enhancement functions: Intelligent, interference-free driving assistance systems, including in-vehicle monitoring, child and driver recognition, and ultra-high-definition surround view monitoring that improves roadside safety through object detection. By adopting the AI engine and ISP module, the platform can support the integration of in-car and external cameras, providing basic support for ensuring the safety and comfort of drivers and passengers. This safety foundation covers key computing modules and is strengthened by integrated safety management procedures to provide a higher level of ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) required for domain integration.
- Immersive audio: Designed to provide an excellent audio experience, including personalized multi-sound zones customized for each user, clear in-vehicle communication, and active noise reduction and echo cancellation. The powerful audio subsystem integrated on the 4th generation platform can provide an engine And road noise suppression function.
- Connection support: pre-integrated Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth® 5.2, providing top-level in-car wireless experience, including hotspots, high-speed games, and wireless Android Auto™ and other mobile mirroring technologies.
- Car networking and cellular car networking (C-V2X) support: pre-integrated Qualcomm Snapdragon™ automotive 5G platform that supports C-V2X technology, providing seamless streaming, OTA upgrades and multi-gigabit upload and download functions The required high bandwidth.
- Software support: Scalable software architecture and multi-board support package (BSP) configuration:
- The architecture and distribution of the upper layer operating system (HLOS) and application programs: Android in-vehicle embedded operating system and Google Car Services (GAS), Linux, Yocto and car-grade Linux (AGL), Zebra Zhixing based on AliOS, webOS Auto and others AOSP distribution
- Real-time operating system (RTOS): BlackBerry® QNX® and QNX® OS security version, Green Hills Software INTEGRITY® and u-velOSity™, and Wittenstein high integrity system SAFERTOS®
- Hypervisors management programs: BlackBerry QNX® Hypervisor and QNX Hypervisor Security Edition, Green Hills Multivisor® and u-velOSity™, and OpenSynergy COQOS Hypervisors
- Linux containerization technology (LXC) and other containerization technologies), including the provision and use of a combination of virtualization and containerization, to meet memory, performance and functional security and isolation requirements in a hybrid key architecture
Web Desk is the news author at Research Snipers which mainly covers Pak News, Technology News, Business News, and Entertainment served by Research Snipers Staff and editors.