On Saturday PM Khan has officially launched a relief scheme for the jobless. This scheme has been launched for the ones who lost their jobs owing to the coronavirus pandemic and has prolonged the lockdown in the nation and promised that the amount has been gathered under the Corona Relief Fund. This fund would be spent in a transparent manner and the audit details will be presented before the nation.
While speaking at the live telecast of the ceremony that was held at the PM Office for launching a web portal for the registration of the jobless people for getting Rs.12,000 under the Ehsaas Cash Programm, the Prime Minister said that the government has taken the decision of completely opening the construction and other small and medium industries for saving the people from losing their jobs.
He said that he thank all the ones who have deposited their money in the corona relief fund of PM Khan. He also said that he has given assurance that this amount will be spent in a transparent manner. PM Khan also said that everyone will be told where this amount has been spent and added that he himself is monitoring it and will provide complete details of the audit.
PM Khan also said that he would ensure transparency as he had done in the case of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital and Namal University projects where the donors are provided with all the details.
He also said that the government will offer cash assistance to the ones who had been working as labourers or in restaurants and are now jobless, however they would be required to provide the details and the proof about their previous job.
Furthermore, he said that the distribution will be made on merit basis and there would be no political interference.