Shahid Khaqan Abbasi—Prime Minister on Tuesday instructed that the ongoing work on the new Islamabad International Airport should be sped up so that it could be inaugurated by the mid of April.
The Prime Minister was leading a meeting at the PM’s office relating the multiple ongoing road infrastructures and connectivity projects.
In a press release, it was informed by the media wing of the PM office that the progress work and operationalization at the new Islamabad International Airport was also discussed.
The prime minister was briefed about the progress towards completion of the new Islamabad Airport by the Aviation secretary.
It was briefed that the physical work on the infrastructure and other airport linked facilities had been completed, however, the integration process is not yet finished.
The meeting was attended by Ahsan Iqbal—Minister for Interior and Planning, concerned federal secretaries, Hafiz Abdul Karim—Minster for Communications, Chairman National Highway Authority (NHA), senior officials and the Minister of State for Communications—Junaid Anwar Chaudhry.
While briefing on the construction work of the Airport Metro Bus Project the Chairman
NHA informed that the infrastructure would be finished by the 15th of May.
He also gave briefings on the many significant undergoing road projects throughout the country which either have completed or are near to completion in few weeks’ time.
The projects that are all set for inauguration includes the construction of
- DG Khan Northern Bypass,
- Rawalpindi-Kahuta road,
- Karachi-Hyderabad (M-9),
- Jalal Pur-Pirwala-Uch Sharif road,
- Chitral-Gram Chashma Road,
- Syed Wala Bridge,
- overhead bridge at Imamia Colony Railway Crossing,
- LSM Link via Narang Mandi to Narowal,
- Kallar – Sir Suba Shah – Dhan Gali Road,
- Sialkot – Pasrur Road ,
- Lahore Eastern Bypass (LEBP),
- Lahore-Abdul Hakeem (M-3),
- Sher Shah Suri Road from Begum Kot to Sheikhupura – Muridke Road,
- Shah Maqsood Interchange-Muslim Abad Interchange (Hazara Motorway),
- Nishtar Ghat Bridge (Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Bridge),
- Khuzdar – Shahdadkot (M-8),
- two interchanges near Mansehra on Havelian – Thakot CPEC project which would be ready for inauguration by May-2018.
The chairman NHA requested Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for his time for the inauguration of these revolutionary projects.
The prime minister applauded NHA and its team for the progress and development achieved so far and added that the efforts must be continued so that the ongoing projects are completed early.