During the first seven months of FY21, the textile exports of Pakistani witnessed an increase of 8.23% compared to the same period of FY20.
According to the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS), textile exports were at $8,765.739 million during July-January (2020-21) against the exports of $8099.095 million in July-January (2019-20).
According to data, the textile commodities contributing a positive trade included:
- Knitwear: exports increased from $1831.758 million to $2175.021 million
- Yarn: exports (other than cotton yarn) increased from $16.286 million to $17.040 million
- Bed wear: exports increased from $1392.020 to $1613.509
- Towels: exports increased from $444.685 million to $533.207 million
- Tents, canvas, and tarpaulin: exports increased from $49.611 million to $73.897 million
- Ready-made garments: exports increased from $1680.897 million to $1773.054 million
- Art, silk, and synthetic textile: exports increased from $199.790 million to $200.687 million
- Made-up article (excluding towels and bed wear): exports increased from $378.680 million to $446.878 million.
On the other hand, the commodities witnessing a negative growth, included:
- Raw cotton: exports declined from $15.885 million to $0.593 million
- Cotton yarn: exports declined from $639.770 to $486.426
- Cotton cloth: exports declined from $1188.990 million to $1086.333
It is further said that on a year-on-year basis, the textile exports increased by 10.79% during Jan’21. The export value during this period was $1323.324 million.
Whereas, on a month-on-month basis, the exports witnessed a dip of 5.54% in Jan’21 compared to the exports of $1400.269 million in Dec’20.
News Desk is the author at Research Snipers covering all Pakistan news including Business, Social, Entertainment, Economy, Pak News, World News, and More. News Desk is managed by a senior editor at Research Snipers.