OPPO has introduced the new OPPO A53S 5G with an obvious 5G connectivity, a MediaTek processor on board, and an operating system based on Android 11 just for $200. This is one of the most affordable smartphones out there with 5G technology.
This doesn’t end here; the OPPO A53S 5G has a 6.5-inch IPS HD+ display with 1600 × 720 pixels, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, and a small on-screen notch for the 8MP front-facing camera.
On the backside, we have a triple-camera setup with a 13MP main sensor, a 2MP macro module, and a 2MP depth sensor. The fingerprint scanner is on the side.
Then there’s MediaTek’s Dimensity 700 processor used with eight computing cores with a frequency of up to 2.2 GHz, an ARM Mali-G57 MC2 graphics accelerator, a 5G modem, a RAM of up to 8 GB, and storage of 128GB.
Other specifications of the handset include a microSD card, wireless adapters Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.1 USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 5000 mAh battery with support for 10-watt recharging.
There are two variants with this phone. The base variant of this OPPO smartphone comes with 6GB of RAM and will cost $200. The higher variant is an 8GB RAM device and comes for $230.
List of Specifications of the new OPPO A53S 5G
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, up to 480 nits brightness, 71% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 164×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 189.6g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news blogger for the past few months, it still feels good to be part of the team. Besides this, I am working with a Canadian-based real estate business and running my own financial blog.