The most longed online passport renewal system has been launched in Pakistan. It has been introduced by the interior ministry of the country for allowing people to renew their passports online. Some months back this service was solely introduced for Pakistani living abroad. Now, this service could be availed by all Pakistanis may they be abroad or living locally via the e-Services Portal.
The portal introduced today could be used for applying for the renewal of Machine Readable Passports. The people having expired passports or the passports having a validity of below seven months can use the e-Service Portal for applying for the renewal.
Within a span of ten days after processing, the passports would be sent on the location prescribed by the applicant, for normal passports. The time span for urgent passports is four days. The online application will be consuming 16.5 minutes of the applicant as per the website.
Requirements for Online Passport Renewal:
Following items must be available and ready with the applicant when he/she sits to apply:
- Supporting documents
- Up to 5 MB photographs taken, detail provided in the Photograph Tutorial
- Fingerprint form to be filled as explained in the fingerprint Tutorial
- For online payment of the application fee a valid credit or debit card
Procedure to Apply for Online Passport Renewal:
Following are the steps need to be taken for applying online:
- Press the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Register your account: if the applicant would be in Pakistan an SMS and an email code would be sent for registration.
- For instance, if the applicant is residing abroad the code would be sent on email.
- Make an ‘application’ for the machine-readable passport renewal and provide the needed details for the application.
- Give the correct address where the readable passport should be delivered.
- Fee would be paid via ‘Credit or Debit card’.
- Provide present and permanent addresses correctly.
- Applicant should upload his/her photograph.
- Documents needed should also be uploaded by the applicant.
- Download the form, capture the ‘four fingerprints’ as asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600DPI, JPEG/JPG, and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the form and check that the information provided is correct, then sign the declaration and then submit the application.
Applicants already registered on the ‘Pak-identity’ system can use their registered Pak-identity ‘Username and Password’ and can log in from there. The home delivery options of online Passport is provided for some cities of Pakistan only.
The time span for the Online Passport Renewal:
The approximate time taken would be 16.5 minutes. The time taken at each step is defined in detail as follows:
|Register user||2 min|
|Select application category||1 min|
|Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|Pay fee||2 min|
|Provide personal information||1 min|
|Provide address details||2 min|
|Upload photograph||1 min|
|Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||16.5 min|
This online application portal system for passport renewal would prove a great help for all those Pakistani who do not find enough time to go and stand in the lines of Passport renewal at Passport Offices.