Microsoft has released its new preview version for Office. New functions were not announced, but there are a number of improvements and bug fixes. Among other things, there is a bug that made comments disappear.
The new Office Insider Build has version number 14131.20008 and is available to all Windows users who have signed up for the Office Insider program. The new preview version was published in the beta channel. According to the supplied changelog, there are changes for Word, PowerPoint, and for the Office suite itself. New features are not introduced with this update. We have translated the list of changes for you at the end of this post.
To get the latest Microsoft Office Insider Preview Build, go to the File> Account> Update Options> Update Now menu in an Office program after registering for the Insider channels. Anyone who has not yet registered can do so at any time and join on any device. The preview versions are currently available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. There are weekly and monthly updates depending on the Insider channel.
- Word Bug Fixes: We fixed an issue where comment replies were sometimes lost when multiple users were co-authoring.
- We fixed an issue where the character spacing of certain fonts increased when rotated 90 degrees.
- PowerPoint Bug Fixes: Fixed an issue where a file saved using the Repeat Save button on the toolbar was added to the Recently Used list.
- Office package bug fixes: We have fixed an issue where the CLP function previously caused an unsolicited saving in the SyncBacked file (file synchronized by OneDrive).
- We fixed an issue where the user was unable to edit files stored on OnPrem servers.
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.