Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication Dumped 25pc of Funds – Research Snipers

Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication Dumped 25pc of Funds

As per official sources, Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication (MoIT&T) has dumped 25 percent of the funds allocated during the 2017-2018 fiscal years. Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication was allocated Rs1538 million for its 16 new and ongoing projects in the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP). MoIT&T has not utilized Rs. 417 million in the last fiscal year.

Funds were not used in many projects including the purchase of land in Karachi and Lahore to develop IT parks. This project was worth Rs 5 million. Furthermore, funds were not spent on the expansion & upgradation of broadband internet services in the areas of AJ&K and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB). This project was also worth 5 million.

Must read: Interior Ministry to put 600 names on ECL

Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication utilized just 40% in the replication of e-Office project at 45 divisions of the Federal Government and Technology Park Development Project (TDP) in Islamabad.

MoIT&T just used 75 percent of funds that were allocated in 2017-18 fiscal year for its projects under PSDP. The rest of the 25 percent of the funds were dumped. Out of the Rs. 1538 million that was allocated to the Ministry only Rs. 1120 million was used in the period mentioned.

The complete funds were consumed in 5 projects that included Replacement of GSM Network of AJ&K. In this project Rs. 433.00 million was spent. Similarly in the strengthening of ICT Infrastructure and Automation of President Secretariat or Aiwan-e- Saadar Rs 31.78 million was spent. In the expansion of the NGMS (3G/4G) services and seamless coverage along Karakoram Highway in Gilgit Baltistan Rs 113.26 million was spent. For FIA e-enablement Rs 0.985 was spent and for training in the open source software for the end users Rs 0.320 million was incorporated by the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication.