With the latest Microsoft 10 Insider Preview Build 21343, users will get a number of changes. The most obvious change is the addition of new icons in File Explorer.
The company has slowly made modifications to the icons in Windows 10 over the last year, the most recent is for Notepad. Some system icons getting a change in File Explorer include the Recycle Bin, Documents folder, and devices like disk drives.
Several changes, such as the orientation of the folder icons and the default file type icons, have been made for greater consistency across Microsoft products that show files, announcing the changes to the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview.
Notably, the top-level user folders such as Desktop, Documents, Downloads and Pictures have a new design that should make it a little easier to tell them apart at a glance.Microsoft
The changes have further improved Windows 10 and arrived after the company introduced changes to File Explorer that adds additional padding to the default option and a layout that’s more informative.
Check out some of the changes and fixes here.
Changes and Improvements in Windows 10
- Changed the name of the Windows Administrative Tools folder in Start to Windows Tools.
- Introduced the experience to China in the News and interests.
- Releasing the new IME candidate window design to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel using Simplified Chinese IMEs.
- Changing the “Get Help” link in the touch keyboard to “Learn more”.
- Fixed an issue with certain NVMe drives that were experiencing disk resets or WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug checks.
- Fixed an issue for devices receiving DPC_WATCHDOG_ERROR bug checks.
- Fixed an issue with Realtek network adapters (driver version 18.104.22.168) for intermittent loss of network connectivity.
- Fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing with Event ID 1002.
- Fixed an issue where some apps crashed during an installation.
- For Gaming, there’s an issue in the latest build where certain games may crash, or will not sync save data, or will not save when a new game is installed. The company already know this issue and is working on a fix. The company also suggested pausing updates until the fix is here.
- For File Explorer, after the new build is installed, all folders pinned to Quick Access will disappear.
- For File Explorer, some Insiders may encounter that the entire folders section of Quick Access is missing. If a user faces this issue, delete this string: %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms This would bring back the section. The company is also working on it.
Source: Microsoft Blog Post
News Desk is the author at Research Snipers covering all Pakistan news including Business, Social, Entertainment, Economy, Pak News, World News, and More. News Desk is managed by a senior editor at Research Snipers.