Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway is expected to complete by August this year. National Authority Highway if achieve this target, it would be seven months in advance to the scheduled competition date.
On August 14, Pakistan Independence day this project would most likely inaugurate. This is a huge project as once constructed, 80% of trade activities would be linked to this route. The money invested in this mega project is Rs44 billion.
· Connect the biggest cities of Sindh, Karachi and Hyderabad
· It would link the most essential trade centers of Pakistan with the rest of the country
· Boost the heavy vehicles project starting in Karachi Port and Port Qasim
· Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway would ease heavy traffic from Karachi Northern Bypass (KNBP) and Makran Coastal Highway (MCH)
· Will carry almost 35 thousand vehicles each day.
· Will carry 18-20 thousand heavy trucks and buses coming from Karachi Port and Port Qasim
· Eight interchanges link areas that will facilitate and boost economic activity
• All essential benefits from restaurant, Medical Centre, mosque, fuel station, mini workshop, business centers and toilets
Facts about the project:
· This project began in September 2015. Government was short of investment therefore it was a public-private partnership. The contractor of this project was Frontier Works Organization.
· In Feb 2017 first 80km-long part of the motorway was already completed and inaugurated.
· Government has not invested a single penny on this mega project
· M-9 would be the first Motorway in Pakistan to have 4-lane service. 200km long it is built as per international standards
· Eight new transactions at Malir, Dumba Goth, Lucky Cement, Power Cement, Noriabad, Thano Bulla Khan and Bolari.
· Proper diversions constructed to minimize accidents and ensure smooth mobility.
The project will soon be completed without any government help. It would be seven months ahead of the scheduled date so it is a great achievement by the developers.