A few days back it was reported that Apple is all set to release iOS 14.6, at that time a developer from Apple reported that it’s almost completed and ready to be delivered, now Apple has released the expected update to iOS 14.6, which brings some small innovations and improvements. The new version also starts with bug fixes for Bluetooth connections, among other things.
Apple has released the update to iOS 14.6 for all iPhone users: A number of new features are starting now that the group announced at this year’s Spring Event, among other things. According to the release notes, the new version also brings a number of bug fixes and optimizations. However, the list of changes is quite clear – there is not much that is new for users outside the USA. In the USA, Apple is also improving the Apple Card credit cards with the new family support. We have added the complete release notes for you at the end of the post.
How You Get iOS 14.6
The update is now available in the usual ways: Users can obtain the update using the auto-update function or initiate the update themselves in the settings. If you want to receive the update as quickly as possible, you can search for the software update in the settings and install it directly. To do this, go to Settings/General/Software update.
The iOS update is displayed there, and you can start and install the download directly. So you usually get the update faster than waiting for an update notification or choosing the automatic function. The distribution takes place as an over-the-air update (OTA), depending on the user settings, either at the preselected time or directly when available. You can also use iTunes with a PC for the update and connect your iOS device there. The update is recommended to all users.
Release notes for iOS 14.6
- Podcasts: Support for subscriptions to channels and individual shows
- AirTag and Find My App: Option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and devices on the Find My network in Lost Mode
- AirTag shows the owner’s partially hidden phone number when tapped with an NFC-enabled device.
- Accessibility: For the first time, voice control users can unlock their iPhone with just their voice after a restart.
The following issues also fixed:
- Unlock with Apple Watch might not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch.
- Reminders were shown as blank lines in some cases.
- Call blocking extensions may not appear in settings.
- Bluetooth devices occasionally got disconnected or sent audio to another device during a call.
- The performance of the iPhone was reduced in some cases during the startup process.
- For more information about the security aspects of Apple software updates, visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.