After the ban on Huawei which prevents the company from using Google Mobile Services (GMS), the company eventually launched its own operating system, Harmony OS. This system is already available on some devices but not smartphones. However, there is good news regarding the arrival of Harmony OS 2.0 for smartphones. Huawei will hold a Beta event for Harmony OS 2.0 on December 16. This event is for mobile phone application developers.
This morning, Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei’s consumer business software department said that on December 16, he will release the Harmony OS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta version in Beijing. Subsequently, Huawei Consumer Business CEO and Huawei Executive Director, Yu Chengdong, said that on December 16, mobile developers are welcome to join HarmonyOS. Earlier it was reported that Huawei will launch the first Beta of HarmonyOS 2.0 on December 18, this was a quick job by Huawei which lands earlier than expectation.
Huawei will release the Harmony OS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta plan on the morning of December 16. In the afternoon of the same day, Huawei experts will explain the key features and development tools of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone version Beta.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 design philosophy
- Bring an innovative full-scene hyper terminal experience with partners
- In-depth analysis of the HarmonyOS distributed application framework
- DevEco Studio 2.0 One-stop distributed application development platform
- Mobile phone emulator
- Huawei HarmonyOS technical experts face-to-face communication
- 10:00~10:30 Huawei releases HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta plan
- 10:30~12:00 Application partners share HarmonyOS full-scene innovation cases
- 13:30~15:10 Huawei experts explain the key features and development tools of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone Beta
- 15:30~17:00 Face-to-face interaction with developer KOLs and Huawei technical experts
Before understanding EMUI, we must first talk about the relationship between EMUI, Android, and HarmonyOS. EMUI is the system UI design, while Android and Harmony OS are operating systems. To put it simply, Android and Harmony OS are like different cake bases. For EMUI, it is the icing on the cake which forms the complete product. Of course, we all know that the icing can be of different flavors. The different icing flavors are what we know as “EMUI”, “MIUI”, “ColorOS”, etc.
Web Desk is the news author at Research Snipers which mainly covers Technology News, Microsoft News, Google News, Facebook, Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi, and other tech news and served by Research Snipers Staff and editors.