When the people Pakistan goes to cast their votes on 25 July, what actions or things would count as valid or an invalid, the Election Commission of Pakistan gives the detail.
The Election Commission of Pakistan gives presiding officers the details of the requirements that a ballot paper would have to be counted as a valid vote.
Read Also: ECP Founds Election Information Centres
According to the instructions by the ECP, the ballot paper will be counted as invalid if:
- the official code mark or the signature of the presiding officers are missing
- the election commission of Pakistan’s watermark is missing on it
- the official nine-matrix seal is missing on it
- any type of paper or anything else attached to it
- ballot paper has stamps on more than the one candidate’s election symbol
- the stamp on the paper appears equally in more than one candidate’s election symbol boxes
The Election Commission of Pakistan added that the vote will be counted as a valid if the stamp mark which appears in more than one box but a prominent portion of which is in favor of a particular candidate.
ECP has also issued a notification to inform the polling staff, voters and the political parties— contesting the election— of the actions that would ECP constitute as crimes on the general election day, the actions that would take you to the jail for three months, fine of up to Rs100,000, or both are:
- anyone found asking the voter for a vote
- anyone found spoiling the ballot papers
- anyone found damaging stamps in any way
- anyone found taking a picture of the ballot paper