Hajj 2019 Applications to be Accepted from Feb 20 – Research Snipers

Hajj 2019 Applications to be Accepted from Feb 20

Hajj 2019 applications would be accepted from the 20th of February. As per the reports, 60 percent of the Hajj quota would be granted to the government while the remaining 40 percent would be given to the private Hajj operators.

In mid of all the speculations regarding the decision on Hajj subsidy, the government took the decision to remove the financial aid that is given to the Hajj pilgrims.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government had authorised subsidy of Rs45,000 for each pilgrim in the last tenure. But the federal cabinet has taken the decision to abolish subsidy and has given approval to the Hajj policy 2019.

Hajj expenses would be affected, the changed expenses for the northern zone would be Rs436,975 and for the southern zone would be Rs427,975. The decision was taken during a meeting of the federal cabinet that was led by the Prime Minister—Imran Khan, in the capital city on Thursday.

Also Read: No Hajj Balloting for The Elderly This Year

The price of performing Hajj has enhanced by more than 60 percent from last year.

In the year 2018, the Hajj expenses for the northern zone were Rs280,000 and for the southern zone they were at Rs270,000.

Previously, Mushtaq Ahmed—the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Secretary said that the expenditures of the government Hajj scheme have become costlier by Rs156,975 due to many reasons which includes an increase in the transportation costs and devaluation of rupee against dollar.

He informed that a Haji would now have to pay additional Rs19,451 for Qurbani.

He also said that 184,210 Pakistanis would be performing Hajj this year which includes the additional quota of 5,000 pilgrims that has been granted by the Saudi government.

More Read: All you need to know about Hajj Policy 2019