Users are currently reporting significant problems with services such as Spotify, Discord, and Snapchat. This is triggered by a massive failure of the Google Cloud services. There is currently no solution, but Google is working on it.
Google currently has a widespread network problem. If you currently come across a website that is not accessible as usual or has massive connection problems, you are not alone: Google reports a global problem with the cloud and thus with the provision of many popular services The Verge reported.
Massive failure of the Google Cloud
Biggest providers like Spotify, Discord, Snapchat, Pokemon Go, and Etsy have been completely paralyzed. The status page on Google Cloud reports that a network error is currently causing problems leading to the 404 errors on the affected websites.
Information from the Google Cloud Status dashboard:
- Summary: Global: There was a problem with cloud networks
- Description: We have a cloud connectivity issue that began on Tuesday, 2021-11-16 09:53 US / Pacific.
- Our tech team is still investigating the problem.
- We will provide an update with the latest details by Tuesday, 2021-11-16 10:40 US / Pacific.
- We apologize to everyone affected by this interruption.
- Diagnostics: Customers may encounter 404 errors when accessing web pages.
- Remedy: currently none.
Waiting for a solution
The well-known malfunction indicators such as DownDetector show that the problems with Spotify and Co. all started around the same time. Have you had similar experiences and perhaps discovered other services that are currently not working? We will report as soon as there is a solution and the services can be used again as usual.
Update 09:06 p.m. GMT: According to Google, everything is back to normal operation: “The problem with cloud networking was resolved for all affected projects from Tuesday, 11:28 am US / Pacific 2021-11-16.”
Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.