Home » Tech News » Samsung » Galaxy S22 Production Could Be Delayed Due To Corona In South Korea

Galaxy S22 Production Could Be Delayed Due To Corona In South Korea

Samsung electronics

The coronavirus has after various problems in production and in the availability of components now appear to directly affect the development at Samsung. The Galaxy S22 and Galaxy Tab S8 predefined schedule is coming under pressure due to an outbreak.

As the Dutch portal Let’s Go Digital reports, Samsung is struggling with a corona cluster in its most important development center in the South Korean capital, Seoul. This should cause delays in the introduction of the new high-end tablets of the Galaxy Tab S8 series in the room, which will be necessary to keep the schedule for the launch of the new flagship smartphones of the Galaxy S22 series.

Many Employees Working From Home

According to the report, in Suwon, where Samsung’s headquarters in the form of the so-called Digital City is located, at least 11 employees from the departments responsible for the S22 and Tab S8 have been infected with the coronavirus in the building with the most important development department for mobile devices. The company has therefore taken extensive measures to stop the virus from spreading among its employees.

In addition to a thorough cleaning of the building, Samsung is now on a new approach to operations in the departments for working on smartphones and tablets. 70 percent of the employees who work in the affected building complex are supposed to initially only work from home, while the remaining 30 percent of the employees will continue to work on site. The concept will initially be retained until the end of 2021, it is said.

Observers are now assuming that the work on the new tablet series from Samsung will initially be postponed in order to concentrate on the work on the Galaxy S22 series. It is not yet clear whether this will also result in a delay in the introduction of the new tablets. The launch schedule for the top smartphones should apparently be adhered to under all circumstances.

The fact that the majority of employees who work from home is changing is problematic primarily because they no longer have direct access to samples from the new devices. Allegedly, Samsung does not want to allow employees to carry the pre-series devices of the new S22 models with them outside of the company campus.

Yasir Zeb

Manager at Research Snipers, RS-NEWS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *