The annual world’s best 50 restaurants list was organized and published by earter.com yesterday evening. Despite being criticized by many analysts and enthusiasts, four London restaurants have made it to the list this time.
Since the list received a lot of criticism it cannot also be entirely ruled out, however, there could be some ranking discrepancies that could be questioned but if you just have to look at the top 50 restaurants in the world, you will find them all on the list.
The London restaurants for the first time had made their fourth entry into the list. The Clove Club London was placed at number 33 on the list along with Lyle’s at number 38, The Ledbury at number 42 and Dinner by Heston Blumenthal at number 45.
The list of top 50 restaurants of the world keeps changing based on score, some restaurants improved ranking on the list as UK restaurants did and some are dropped down.
Spain is the country which has the most top restaurants in the world added to the list, Spain has 7 top restaurants that are included in top 50 of the world, also the world 2nd best restaurant El Celler de Can Roca (Girona, Spain).
The USA has the second most number of top restaurants added to the list, the country has 6 restaurants on the list with world’s 4th best restaurant in the world Eleven Madison Park (New York City) the USA.
However, the world’s best and number one restaurant is based in Italy, Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy).
Here is the full list of Best 50 restaurants of the world
1. Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy)
2. El Celler de Can Roca (Girona, Spain)
3. Mirazur (Menton, France)
4. Eleven Madison Park (New York City)
5. Gaggan (Bangkok, Thailand)
6. Central (Lima, Peru)
7. Maido (Lima, Peru)
8. L’Arpege (Paris, France)
9. Mugaritz (Errenteria, Spain)
10. Asador Etxebarri (Axpe, Spain)
11. Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
12. Blue Hill at Stone Barns (Pocantico Hills, New York, USA)
13. Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
14. Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
15. White Rabbit (Moscow, Russia)
16. Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
17. Den (Tokyo, Japan)
18. Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain)
19. Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)
20. Attica (Melbourne, Australia)
21. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée (Paris, France)
22. Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
23. Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
24. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai, China)
25. Cosme (New York City, USA)
26. Le Bernardin (New York City, USA)
27. Boragó (Santiago, Chile)
28. Odette (Singapore)
29. Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen (Paris, France)
30. D.O.M. (São Paulo, Brazil)
31. Arzak (San Sebastian, Spain)
32. Tickets (Barcelona, Spain)
33. The Clove Club (London, UK)
34. Alinea (Chicago, USA)
35. Maaemo (Oslo, Norway)
36. Reale (Castel Di Sangro, Italy)
37. Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
38. Lyle’s (London, UK)
39. Astrid y Gastón (Lima, Peru)
40. Septime (Paris, France)
41. Nihonryori RyuGin (Tokyo, Japan)
42. The Ledbury (London, UK)
43. Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Spain)
44. Mikla (Istanbul, Turkey)
45. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (London, UK)
46. Saison (San Francisco, USA)
47. Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)
48. Hiša Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia)
49. Nahm (Bangkok, Thailand)
50. The Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa)