Fidget Spinner Claims Life of a Pakistani Kid

Fidget Spinner is a kid’s favorite gadget. Despite this, there have been security issues relating to this gadget.

In Pakistan, just recently a case came up on social media. A 4th grader Pakistan kid died because of this gadget.

Also read: This Japanese Fidget spinner keep spinning while you have a meal

On a Facebook group, a story surfaced, describing the horrific event. A metallic part from the spinner dislodged during spinning and hit the throat of the child, cutting his through his tissue and jugular vein. In a second, the happy child was no more. He was taken into emergency, but due to extreme blood loss, the child passed away.

This is the story

“The boy had been playing with the fidget spinner while his siblings/cousins were around him. He had been laughing and had an opened mouth. Some metallic piece from the spinner dislodged during its spinning action. It hit his throat from inside the mouth and cut through the tissue and jugular vein. It took less than a second for this to happen. Although the poor kid was provided emergency medical care, the blood loss and possible retention of blood into the lungs caused his very sad demise.”

Parents should be aware of this gadget. Not just in Pakistan, there have been many reports from worldwide of young children admitted to the hospital using these fidget spinners.  There are small discs in the spinner in every panel. These discs are extremely small and cause kids being choked.

In Sydney, another incident occurred because of this fidget spinner. The mother of the kid wrote on a Facebook group saying “Parents of fidget spinners beware … our son swallowed the disc of a fidget spinner last night & ended up at RNSH emergency. The side of the spinner was cracked & when he spun it, the disc flew into his mouth & before he realized, he swallowed it! He had it for less than 48 hours.”

*** FIDGET SPINNER WARNING *** http://www.northshoremums.com.au/update-fidget-spinner-warning-from-nsm/Oh gosh, this…

Geplaatst door North Shore Mums op vrijdag 16 juni 2017

A young girl also swallowed the fidget disk. Her mother reported “I heard Britton make an odd retching noise in the back seat as I was driving. Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth. She pointed to her throat saying she’d swallowed something, so I attempted Heimlich [abdominal thrusts] but there was no resistance. She said she’d put part of her fidget spinner in her mouth to clean it and somehow swallowed it.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *