World Kindness Day is celebrated on the 13th of November across the world. The concept of the day was introduced in the year 1998 by the World Kindness Movement—a coalition of the countries’ kindness NGOs.
The day is observed in many nations including Nigeria, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Canada and Australia.
The day is to highlight the good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common elements of kindness which binds humanity.
Kindness is an essential part of the human beings which connect the divides between the various ethnicities, gender, religions and zip codes.
Also Read: China Imposes Online Gaming Ban on Minors
As per the Gulf News, it is a day that boosts the individuals to look beyond the boundaries of race and religion.
Kindness starts with an individual if we all on our own makes it a norm, not the expectation this would be the start towards making the world better.
As the world celebrates this day let us also think for ways to make it a part of our daily life. It is a great day to start practising on a new routine which includes all such moments which we intentionally perform—these moments could be of kindness, delight and laughter.
Some simple gestures that one could adopt as a start towards making kindness a part of your life:
- Giving way to a car to merge into traffic with a smile and good gesture
- Calling an old friend to ask just how they are and doing and just random catching up
- Complimenting a random co-worker or friend
- Offering an elderly person a seat, while travelling on some public transport
- Giving way to the pedestrians to cross the road, if driving a car
- Just smile
- Removing any stone or bush from the path that is blocking the way
- Helping your mother or wife in the house chores
The mentioned and many more small acts that just leaves the other person happy and content, are all such acts and gestures that come under the domain of kindness, so on this kindness day let us make an effort to create a difference, start to practise kindness. Kindness, when practised, bring serenity and makes the person shine inside out. Give it a try!
More Read: Amazingly Tiny iPhone Details
I am a writer/editor at Research Snipers RS-NEWS and it’s been 2 years working with the company. My specialties are technology and business.