Different parts of Punjab have lost almost 90% of the underground fresh water: Report – Research Snipers

Different parts of Punjab have lost almost 90% of the underground fresh water: Report

90% of the underground water in the different parts of Punjab has been lost, according to the report issued by the government. Lahore, Vehari, Multan, and Lodhran are facing water shortage, and remaining 10% of the underground water has a higher amount of arsenic.

A research spanning over two years has been conducted by the Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources. According to the research’s results, the underground fresh water is speedily turning saline, which causes several stomach-related diseases.

Read Also: Pakistan is depleting its Foreign Reserves Fastest in Asia

According to the details, the underground water of Jhelum, Jhang, Khushab, Sargodha, and Faisalabad is not fit to drink. The water selling companies are not following the code of conduct in water’s treatment.

The waste and water of sewage and industrial are being dumped in the Ravi River. Due to this process, the level of the water oxygen has dropped and water animal’s life has been affected badly, according to the report.