It’s a known fact that education acquired from the United Kingdom is honored, appreciated and acknowledged across the world by different organizations, governments, and top-class universities because of the powerful academic strength it possesses.
All those willing to be a part of this study system in the United Kingdom are in luck as there are certain important openings for the renowned Chevening scholarship programme and all the eager students better not miss this opportunity.
— Chevening Awards?? (@cheveningfco) November 3, 2017
Chevening Scholarship is the United Kingdom Government’s foreign award scheme focused on the development of global leaders. The scholarship programme is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth office (CFO) and many partner organizations. It offers two types of awards—Chevening Fellowships and Chevening Scholarships. The recipients of the scholarship are chosen personally by the British embassies and high commissioners across the world.
This scholarship programme provides an opportunity for the future leaders throughout the world to help them in developing their skills professionally and academically. It also assists in expanding their network and experience in the UK culture and to establish positive long-lasting relationships with the United Kingdom.
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the Chevening-eligible nations.
- Once the degree is completed the applicant must return to the home country for a time span of at least two years.
- Must be having an undergraduate degree to become eligible for applying for the postgraduate programme at any UK university.
- The applicant must have at least professional working experience of two years, this experience bar may be up to five years for the fellowship programme, so kindly check up on your country page for more details.
- Applicants could apply to three different eligible universities in the UK and have received an unconditional offer from either one of the three universities by July 12, 2018.
- The requirements for the English Language by Chevening are to be met by July 12, 2018.
One the applications are submitted they go through an electronic scrutiny against the eligibility criteria. Once the application is submitted it cannot be changed.
Application submission would be open until Tuesday that is November 07, 2017 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
— Grace Chirumanzu (@GraceZimbabwe) November 3, 2017
The Scholarship Includes
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition fees for the university
- Travel expenses both to and from the United Kingdom
- homeward departing allowances
- The expenses incurred for filing just one visa application
- Arrival allowances
- Travel funds to attend various Chevening functions in the United Kingdom.
Any university within the premises of United Kingdom
Level of Study
Full-time degree programme at Masters level in any of the subject at any UK institution.
Number of Scholarships
A total of one thousand five hundred scholarships are to be awarded under the programme.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.chevening.org/