The education department of Balochistan on Thursday made the announcement that no academic exams would take place this year in the province as there has been a rise in the COVID-19 cases.
As per reports, the Balochistan education department said that primary class examinations will take place next year after the commencement of classes.
The education department said that grade I-V examinations will begin on March 10, 2021.
Previously, the Balochistan government had announced the closure of educational institutions from December 1 and three-month closure in cold areas of the province.
Balochistan Education Minister Yar Mohammad Rind had said in a statement that educational institutions will remain closed for 3 months in cold areas, whereas, the examinations will be conducted before the start of vacations.
It may be noted that 53 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Balochistan including 11 from educational institutions during the last 24 hours.
The provincial health department said that the positivity rate of COVID-19 is 3 percent in the province, whereas, the recovery rate is 96 percent. 877 infections were reported in educational institutions so far.
With the inclusion of new cases, the total count of COVID-19 infections reached 16,582. 157 people died of the virus.