ARY Film festival is back after a successful festival in 2017. Submissions for short film, feature film, short documentary and feature documentary is open until 30th November 2017.
In May 2017, ARY conducted a 3-day film festival in which 33 films were screened out of 400 entries. Internationally acclaimed films like Maheen Zia’s ‘Lyari Notes’, ‘Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velazquez Story’ contributed by the American Film Showcase and Anjum Shehzad’s ‘Mah e Mir’ were also displayed in the festival.
Now the platform is again open for aspiring filmmakers. Submit short films or documentaries and get your work recognized.
Mr. Mohammad Salman Iqbal (Founder & President, ARY Digital Network) said, “Indeed it is a proud moment for us. The film and entertainment industry in Pakistan has grown vastly over past several years. The ARY Film Festival is another step towards the inevitable future, when the applause for filmmakers from Pakistan, will ring throughout the entire world.”
Mr. Muhammad Jerjees Seja (Chief Executive Officer, ARY Digital Network) said, “The ARY Film Festival could not have come at a more opportune moment. With new and exciting ideas being explored and shared each day, the film industry in Pakistan is poised to marvel the world with its brilliance. No doubt, the years of sheer hard work and dedication is certainly bearing fruit.”
How can you submit your films?
- Submissions will be either on DVD or URL link. DVD submission must be in English or have English subtitles.
- The film’s title, running time, region format, and contact information must be written along with the DVD
- No stickers as they can damage players or the DVD. Mail your screener and entry form for your category
UR link submissions:
- Passwords must be provided at the time of your submission
- An option to download must be made available
- The link and password must be active through dates of submission at our Festival
Please email your entry form, valid URL, and password to the appropriate email address listed for your category.
Address for shipping:
ARY Film Festival
ARY Digital Network
The link for submission form is
Who will judge your film?
The best of the best. Anwar Maqsood, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, Amna Nawaz Khan from Pakistan. New York-based filmmaker Marilyn Agrelo, TransMedia concept writer Andy Merkin, director-writer and editor Jonathan Gann along with Jack McDonald and RamkichoreParcha. This was the jury of last year, we can expect same or even more interesting names this year.