Credit cards are a great way to improve your purchasing power, and therefore overall management of expenses. Used judiciously, credit cards are an excellent tool in the hands of a customer. So applying for one can be a great addition to your financial management efforts.
If you have recently applied for a credit card, you must be wondering about the status of your application. Actually, there are a few ways to check where your credit card application stands. Continue reading for the ways to check your credit card application.
You can check the status of your credit card application both online and offline. We list the steps for each method below –
How to check your credit card application online
Most banks give the option of checking your credit card status online on their website. And the process to do so does not differ drastically from bank to bank. However, we recommend that you keep in mind the minor variations based on your individual banks. Here are the steps to check your credit card application status online –
- Visit the website of the bank where you have applied for a credit card
- Go to the ‘credit card’ tab and under it, select the track or check application status option
- Enter all the details required by the track application status and click on submit
- The website will generate the status of your credit card application.
How to check your credit card application offline
Not comfortable checking your credit card application online? Don’t worry, there are other offline methods to track your credit card status without having to go to the web. Here are the steps you can follow to check the status of your credit card application offline –
Thanks to mobile banking, you can now keep tabs on your banking activities through SMS. Now, check your credit card status can also be done through SMS. Follow these steps –
- Send an SMS for in the required format to the mobile number designated for tracking credit card status
- The bank will send you an SMS communicating the status of your application
- Make sure you send the SMS from the mobile number registered with the bank.
With the customers’ best interests at heart, most banks now feature a strong customer care segment. Most banks have their own dedicated You can know your credit card application status by getting in touch with a customer care executive. Here’s how –
- Call on the customer care number of your bank
- The customer care executive will ask for your application number or reference number
- Then, they will tell you your credit card application status
The most obvious way to get an update on your credit card application is by simply visiting the nearest bank branch. Thanks to an overt human-to-human contact, you can easily find out the status of your credit card application. Here’s how you can do it –
- Go to the nearest bank branch and enquire the staff about the status of your application
- The staff will ask for your application number and fetch your application status quickly.
Documents required to check the status of your credit card application
You might require a few details or documents to know the status of your credit card application. Here are the details that you must keep handy while seeking the status of your credit card application –
- PAN number
- Date of birth
- Application or reference number allotted by the bank
- Mobile number registered with the bank
Credit card application status stages
While your credit card application is being processed, it could be in one of the different stages of the process. Each stage denotes a certain change to the status of your credit card application. Here are the various credit card application stages –
- In-progress: This means that the bank is yet to finish analyzing the credit card application.
- Approved: At the ‘approved’ stage, the bank has green-lit your request for a credit card.
- Dispatched: This means that your credit card has been shipped by the bank to your registered address. An email or letter precedes this shipment and includes your air waybill that can be used to track the location of the package.
- On hold: If the bank needs more information from you before they approve your application, they will place your application on hold and call you.
- Disapproved: If you do not live up to the eligibility criteria set by your bank, your credit card application will be rejected or disapproved.
There is nothing more important for your financial well-being than keeping track of all aspects of your financial life. Knowing the status of your credit card application is one such aspect. With so many ways to check the status of your credit card application, you can now easily take control of your finances from start to finish. The process of tracking your credit card status has been made fairly intuitive. Now, there are a number of ways in which you can get in touch with your bank for your credit card application status. So go ahead, get a hold of your banking activities today!
Alexia is the author at Research Snipers covering all technology news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and More.