As already announced, Apple has now released another function update for iPhone users with iOS 17.1. New features include sharing for AirDrop over the Internet, new standby options, and a revised music app.
Apple Delivers Promised Features
Users who have already updated to iOS 17 can get the new version now. If you still use iOS 16, you can update to this latest iOS version right away.
The update is not only interesting because of the functions that have now been delivered that did not make it into the final iOS 17 release in September. Apple has also released a number of other changes, improvements, and of course bug fixes. We have added the changelog for you at the end of this post.
How You Can Get iOS 17.1
The distribution takes place as an over-the-air update (OTA), depending on the user settings, either at a preselected time or directly when available. You can also use iTunes with a PC for the update and connect your iOS device there.
If you want to receive the update as quickly as possible and don’t want to wait for automatic installation, you can search for the software update in the settings and install it directly. To do this, go to Settings / General / Software Update. The iOS update will be displayed there, you can start the download and install it directly.
This way you will receive the update faster than if you wait for an update notification or choose the automatic function (usually with an update overnight). The update is recommended for all iOS 17 users due to the security-related changes. In addition to the update for the iPhone, Apple also launched iPadOS 17.1 and watchOS 10.1.
- Content continues to stream over the Internet when you are out of AirDrop range
- New options to control when the display turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Favorites have been expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter your favorites in the library
- The new cover art collection features designs that reflect the colors of the music in your playlist
- Song suggestions appear at the bottom of each playlist, making it easy to add music that fits the mood of your playlist.
iOS 17.1 update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Option to select a specific album for photo shuffle on the lock screen
- Home button support for Matter locks
- Improved reliability when syncing Screen Time settings between different devices
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Significant Location Privacy setting to be reset when transferring or pairing an Apple Watch for the first time
- Fixes an issue where incoming caller names may not be displayed if you are in another conversation
- Fixes an issue where custom and purchased ringtones may not appear as options for your text tone
- Addresses an issue that may cause the keyboard to become less responsive
- Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue that could cause the image to persist on the display
Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital technologies, Technology News, Mobile phones, software, gadgets with vast experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, News breaking.