An airstrike by Afghan security forces took lives of 30 civilians, another 40 injured – Research Snipers

An airstrike by Afghan security forces took lives of 30 civilians, another 40 injured

The Afghan Security Forces carried out an airstrike in eastern Afghanistan that killed as many as 30 civilians and another 40 people have got injuries, the Afghan officials said.

The three Afghan government officials said that the airstrike on Wednesday night was aimed at destroying a hideout used by the fighters of the ISIS but accidentally targeted the farmers near a field in the Wazir Tangi area of Khogyani district in Nangarhar province.

Read Also: Pakistan Denies India’s Request to Open Airspace for PM Modi

According to the media reports, a provincial council member Sohrab Qaderi said that the drone strike by the security forces of Afghanistan killed at least 30 workers in a pine nut field and as many as 40 others were injured.

The defence ministry of Afghanistan has confirmed the airstrike but refused to disclose the details of the people who have been killed during the strike.

A spokesperson of the provincial governor Attaullah Khogyani confirmed the airstrike adding, “The Afghan government is investigating the incident, so far nine bodies of the civilians have been collected from the site of the attack near the pine nut field.”

On the other hand, the forces of the United States were not immediately available to pass any comment on the incident that took the lives of the innocent people.