It has been years to the tragic incident of the disastrous bomb attack that happened on 18th October 2007 On Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto’s rally. The incident shook the whole city and resulted in many casualties.
A total of one hundred and eighty people died by the bomb blast. Ever since then Pakistan People’s Party take out a rally in Karachi for honoring the martyrs of Karsaz.
A traffic alert has been issued yesterday for the occasion as massive traffic jam could be experienced in the city.
The expected route for the rally would be from Bilawal House to Karsaz via passing “Boat Basin –> Mai Kolachi –> ICI Chowk –> Kakri Ground –> Lee Market –> Napier Road –> Denso Hall –> Mohammad Ali Jinnah Road –> Numaish and Shahrah-e-Quaideen”.
A list of the alternate routes is provided as follows to avoid the traffic jams:
- People willing to go to the airport from Shahrah-e-Faisal should take the Korangi route via FTC.
- Citizens destined for Clifton are advised to take the Shaheed-e-Millat road from Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
- From airport to Saddar the route from Drigh Road, Rashid Minhas road, Stadium road and Peoples Chowrangi Road should be availed.
- Shah Faisal Colony and Korangi Industrial area route should be availed by the citizens who want to travel from airport to Defence and Clifton.
- Nipa and Drigh road route is advised to be taken by the people who want to reach the airport from Nazimabad.
- Bahria underpass route should be used by all those people who want to reach to South City Hospital.
- For reaching Jinnah Hospital from Landhi Korangi, the route from Korangi road and CSD should be used.
These are some alternate routes provided for the citizens to avoid any kind of chaotic situation in the rally today.
Karachiites are advised to plan their routes accordingly.