As per the QS World University Rankings 2019, 7 universities of Pakistan are included among the prestigious yearly index of global universities.
The Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) has been ranked on the 397th position and is the highest-ranking university of Pakistan, while NUST is at the 417th position. Quaid-e-Azam university is positioned after NUST.
The top 3 universities this year as per the QS University Rankings are the:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),
- Stanford University, and
- Harvard University
The above-mentioned universities have taken the top three positions exactly the way they did in 2018. After them is the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in the fourth position.
Also Read: Sindh Govt Bars Swimming in Hub Canal
The only change that is seen is on the 5th spot by the University of Oxford which has taken the position of University of Cambridge, which has now been placed at the 6th spot.
All the Pakistani universities that have made it to the list are either based in Lahore or in Islamabad.
The National University of Science and Technology (NUST) is at the 417th position, whereas the Quaid-e-Azam university is positioned after it.
The rankings of the Pakistani universities as per the QS World Rankings 2019 is as follows:
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS)—397
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST)—417
- Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU)—551-560
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)—701-750
- Comsats Institute of Information Technology—751-800
- University of Punjab: 801-1000
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) Lahore—801-1000
It is unfortunate to see that no university from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and the province of Baluchistan has made it to the list of global rankings.