In Hangora Goth area of Karachi as many as 15 people from the same family passed out after eating poisonous food on Sunday night. According to the details city police arrived after it was reported about the incident, the victims were taken to the nearby hospital for immediate treatment.
According to the Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Malir, Children and women were also among the affected people. The regional food authorities were also intimated about the incident.
The problem of unhygienic and poisonous food is growing in urban cities, it was reported in October that four factory workers died after eating poisonous food, later in November two minors died after consuming poisonous food in Karachi, Dawn reported and last month, 5 people were hospitalized due to eating poisonous food in Kasur, Dunya News reported.