Pakistan officially named as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country situated in the South Asia. It is the world’s sixth most populated country of the world and 36th largest in terms of area. It is the country whcih means the land of pure. Pakistan celebrates its independence day on the 14th of August. It got the status of an independent state back in the year 1947.
Pakistan is a blessed country in terms of its natural resources. The people of Pakistan are welcoming and full of energy. Pakistanis could be referred to as among most hospitable people of the world.
The country is made of four provinces, with each province contributing positively for the nation’s welfare.
Here are some interesting facts about Pakistan:
- Pakistan is the world’s very first Islamic country to attain the status of a nuclear power country.
- It is the world’s largest producer of the handsewn footballs. The footballs are produced in Sialkot. The football manufacturing industry is made of more than two hundred factories.
- It has got the largest canal-based irrigation system in the world.
- Pakistan has got the world’s highest ATM (automated teller machine). The ATM is operated by the National Bank of Pakistan and is installed at a height of 16,007 feet above sea level, located at the Pak-China border—Khunjerab Pass.
- The largest city of Pakistan is Karachi—which is alsp the port city of the country and the financial hub. Karachi was the first capital of Pakistan after impendence and remained so until 1958.
- Sugarcane juice is the national drink of Pakistan. It is also known as “roh” in Pakistan.
- Pakistan has got the only fertile desert in the world—the Tharparkar desert, which is present in the province of Sindh.
- As per a survey the national anthem of Pakistan is among the world’s top national anthem tunes. The duration of the anthem is eighty seconds.
- Pakistani are the 4th most intelligent people of the world as per a poll. Results were gathered from one hundred and twenty-five countries by the Institute of European Business Administration.
- The 7th largest collection of scientists and engineers of the world is also from Pakistan.
- Islamabad the capital city of Pakistan is ranked as the second most beautiful capital in the world.
- The only nation of the world so far to get formed on the basis of religion.
- Pakistan is the world’s 4th largest milk producing nation.
The land of Pakistan is fertile both in terms of talent and resources. The people of Pakistan are such that they could even give their lives for the sake and safeguard of their motherland.