Redmi introduced its new gaming device, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition, which is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor, up to 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM + up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, a powerful 5,065mAh battery, and a vapour chamber technology to keep the temperatures under control while gaming. This beautiful gaming device made Redmi proud when it sold 100,000 units in just 60 seconds.
The company is targeting to sell 1.6 to 1.7 million units of this Redmi gaming device this year. The company took a good start when it sold a hundred thousand units in just a minute. One more good thing about this gaming device is its competitive price: 1999 yuan ($309).
Redmi says that it entered the gaming market to attract young users who have been quite busy playing online games since the pandemic outbreak. And this trend seems to continue for an unforeseeable future.
Coming to the specifications, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition brings:
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP tele-macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
It has been a long time since I joined Research Snipers. Though I have been working as a part-time tech-news blogger for the past few months, it still feels good to be part of the team. Besides this, I am working with a Canadian-based real estate business and running my own financial blog.